If you are looking for a healthier, beautiful smile, you may be a good candidate for dental implants in Fort Worth. A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that acts as a permanent base for replacement teeth. When compared to bridges, crowns, and dentures, a dental implant procedure has quickly become popular as an effective and long-term solution for someone who has chronic dental problems, teeth that are failing, or missing teeth. This is an option that allows the patient to have a smile that is as close to natural functioning teeth as possible.
The great news is that dental implants are completely secure and comfortable when you work with the right team of dental professionals. This is a process that is done using a quality implant fixture that eventually fuses to the patient’s living bone cells in the jaw. Such a union creates an anchor that is both durable and strong so that you will never have any movement or slippage, which can often happen with dentures. You will never have issues with eating, and there is also not a need to have them regularly repaired.
With a dental implant, you will have three parts:
- The implant is a screw that acts as the root for your new tooth and what is permanently attached to your jaw bone.
- The abutment is a permanent connector, removable by your dental professional, that holds and supports the new tooth or your set of new teeth.
- The crown, or the prosthetic tooth, is the part that you can see. The crown is made of high-quality materials like porcelain to give a durable result that also looks good.
Depending on your needs, you can get dental implants in Fort Worth to replace just a single tooth, several teeth, or you can have a full set for the upper or lower teeth or both.
There are many reasons why someone may consider dental implants and these are some of the factors that may make you a good candidate:
- One or more missing teeth
- Healthy oral tissues
- A fully-grown jawbone
- Enough bone to safely secure the dental implants or the ability to have a bone graft
- The inability to wear dentures
- A need to improve your speech or eating ability
- Are healthy enough for proper bone healing
- Willing to dedicate several months to the total process
Of course, some risks come with any surgery, and you can count on the staff at Clear Fork Healthy Dental Care to make sure that you understand everything that is involved. We are here to help you restore your smile with dental implants in Fort Worth, and we use the latest technology to give you amazing results. It is our goal to ensure our patients have a calm, rewarding experience when they visit our dental office and we want you to feel confident that we can give you a smile that you have been longing for. If it seems like dental implants are a good fit for you, please contact us to set up a consultation.