When it comes to sleep, the human body needs the right amount to function correctly. If you have sleep apnea, the chances are good that your sleep is regularly disrupted and you are unable to get the rest that your mind, body, and soul requires. To get results, it is best that you look into all of your options for quality sleep apnea treatment in DFW.
Understanding Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea is a type of sleep disorder that poses many potential dangers because breathing will stop and repeatedly start during sleep. There are three main types of sleep apnea, which are:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea – This is the form that is more common, and it takes place when the throat muscles relax and lead to an obstruction.
- Central Sleep Apnea – This happens when the brain is not sending out the right signals to your muscles that work to control breathing.
- Complex Sleep Apnea Syndrome – This is known by treatment-emergent central sleep apnea, which is something that happens when a person has both central and obstructive sleep apnea.
When you think that you have sleep apnea, you need to work with a medical professional to get the right treatment. Sleep apnea treatment in DFW can help to lessen your symptoms and help to prevent the potential for heart problems and a variety of other complications.
Sleep Apnea Symptoms
A patient could present with one or more symptoms when they are dealing with obstructive or central sleep apnea. The most common signs that you have central or obstructive sleep apnea include:
- Gasping for air while sleeping
- Waking up with a headache
- Loud snoring
- Episodes of halted breathing during sleep
- Having a dry mouth in the morning
- Inability to concentrate
- Insomnia or hypersomnia
When you are showing one or more of these signs, it could be telling you that there is a problem that should be addressed by a health professional. Obstructive sleep apnea can be more prominent with people who are older, have a narrowed airway, thicker neck circumference, or have excess weight. There could also be a history of smoking, other family members with sleep apnea, and more. People with central sleep apnea are usually male, older, have a heart disorder or have had a stroke in the past.
When you come to visit us at Clear Fork Healthy Dental Care, we can go over the options that you have for sleep apnea treatment in DFW. We will be happy to set you up with a full examination after going through your medical history, and we can talk with you about the potential for crafting a custom dental appliance to help open your airway while you sleep. It is vital to our team that we can provide you with a convenient experience and all of the knowledge that you need to make the right decision about the various options available for sleep apnea treatment. Contact us today to set up a time for a consultation with our professional staff.