Soft Tissue Laser Dentistry
Types of procedures:
What is a CO2 Laser?
The LightScalpel CO2 laser is a device that produces a concentrated beam of light. The highly focused CO2 laser beam vaporizes cleanly and precisely while sealing blood vessels at the same time. Years of experience in medicine and oral surgery went into the design of the laser system, which was made to provide superior care for patients.
Our laser is so precise that we can selectively remove only a few cells at a time, if needed. At the same time, it is powerful enough to de-bulk large tumors.
What are the advantages of LightScalpel laser procedures?
- Minimized Bleeding: As it vaporizes the tissue, the Li9ghtScalpel laser seals small blood vessels. The resulting reduction in bleeding makes proceures quick and east. In many cases, no sutures are required.
- Less Swelling and Discomfort: The LightScalpel CO2 laser beam seals lymphatics, resulting in less post-operative swelling and discomfort associated with tradtional scalpel procedures.
- Reduced Risk of Infection: The sanitizing effect of the laser reduces the risk of infection and means faster healing.
- Shortened Procedure Time: Less bledding results in the improved visibility of the treatment area. The dentist and the team don't have to spend as much time trying to control the bleeding, and as a result the duration of th procedure is reduced.
- Faster Recovery: Reduced trauma, minimized bleeding, less pain, and swelling, and shorter periods of anesthesia mean, in most cases, you can go back to work or school the same day.
- Advanced laser tools mean better results: The lightweight ergonomic handpeices and flexible fiber waveguide of the LighScalpel CO2 laser allow for enhanced precision with pin-point accuracy. In addition, LightScalpel accessories facilitate procedures in dificult to reach places.
Copyright 2016 LuxaCare LLC